There is nothing quite like New Comic Book Day! It wouldn’t be a Wednesday without new comics like SPY ISLAND & INKBLOT.
If you are a reader like me, that TBR (to be read) pile of comics continues to grow. If that isn’t enough to stop you from checking out new releases, here is my list of Top 5 Comics out this week.
SPY ISLAND #1 -$3.99
Publisher – Dark Horse Comics
Creators – Chelsea Cain, Lia Miternique, Elise McCall, Rachel Rosenberg, Joe Caramagna
Super spy Nora Freud (no relation) has a plum assignment. She’s stationed on a tropical island. Her mission? Keep an eye on things. Her problem? The island is on the lip of the Bermuda Triangle, where anything can happen. Her other problem? This particular island is a den of intrigue, populated by spies, tourists, and evil villains set on global domination.
STRANGE ADVENTURES #5 – $3.99
Publisher – DC Comics
Creators – Tom King, Mitch Gerads, Evan Shaner, Clayton Cowles
Mr. Terrific is back on Earth, and he’s making things hot for Adam Strange—but he also might get a little burned himself! The conflict is out in the open now, and the court of public opinion doesn’t play fair.
Mr. Terrific was picked to investigate the accusations against Adam Strange because he was the most impartial member of the Justice League-but can even he keep all of this from getting personal?
INKBLOT #1 – $3.99
Publisher – Image Comics
Creators – Emma Kubert, Rusty Gladd,
Third-generation comic artist EMMA KUBERT partners with up-and-coming creator RUSTY GLADD to deliver a high-fantasy epic! This new ONGOING SERIES follows a powerful sorceress attempting to correct her greatest mistake-the creation of a magical cat that can travel through time, space, and reality. The cat threatens to unravel the fabric of the universe, doesn’t care, and just won’t listen!
WE ONLY FIND THEM WHEN THEY’RE DEAD #1 – $3.99
Creators – Al Ewing, Simone Di Meo, Mariasara Miotti, AndWorld Design
A new sci-fi epic from Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk) and Simone Di Meo (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) on the edge of space where humanity is harvesting the corpses of giant alien gods to survive.
* No one has ever seen a living god, but Captain Malik is obsessed with being the first.
* Captain Malik and the crew of the Vihaan II harvest the only resources that matter from the giant corpses of alien gods found on the edge of human space. While other autopsy ships race to salvage the meat, minerals, and metals that sustain the human race, Malik sees an opportunity to finally break free from this system.
* But Malik’s obsession with the gods will push his crew into the darkest reaches of space, bringing them face to face with a threat unlike anything they’ve ever imagined – unless the rogue agent on their trail can stop them first…
DIE #13 – $3.99
Publisher – Image Comics
Creators – Kieron Gillen, Stephanie Hans, Clayton Cowles, Mike Del Mundo
“THE GREAT GAME,” Part Three “War isn’t a game” seems obvious. Let one of DIE’s most aggressive masters explain:
i) why that isn’t true
ii) that war being a game only makes it worse.
Can our heroes save the world? Can they save anything?
Latest posts by Scott Piekema (see all)
- TOP 5 COMICS – 09/30/20: SHANG-CHI & DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH - September 30, 2020
- TOP 5 NEW COMICS FOR 09/23/20 – AUTUMNAL & FISHKILL - September 22, 2020
- TOP 5 NEW COMICS FOR 09/16/20 – HEAVY & STILLWATER - September 15, 2020