Wednesday is here, and new comics are within our reach. You may be like me been enjoying the nice summer weather, but that has resulted in a stack of unread comics from the last three weeks. Regardless, here is a list of new titles I will be picking up at my local comic shop.
Like many comic readers I try to budget my purchases, which can become difficult with the vast amount of quality books being published currently. So here are 5 titles worth looking into this week, and a couple honorary mentions for those that have to show some extra love for that Valentine comic reader you may have forgotten about.
DIVINITY vs. DIVINITY! Myshka’s plot to reengineer the globe in Russia’s favor is all but complete. Will Abram Adams – the god-like being now called Divinity – stand against his former comrade…or, together, will they reshape the world as we know it with hammer and sickle in hand? The sold-out sci-fi epic that redefined the Valiant Universe charges into a showdown for the fate of reality itself as New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (4001 A.D.) and explosive artist Trevor Hairsine (X-Men: Deadly Genesis) reach a defining moment for comics’ most captivating new hero!
In issue #3, dozens of innocent people mysteriously gain super-speed! But not all are heroic, and it’ll take everything The Flash and August have to harness the lightning before Black Hole does.
Chris Vargas is a middle-aged man with a hacking cough, an obsolete job, and a bombastic secret: whenever he likes, he can transform into the teenage superhero Captain Kid! In this, his first recorded adventure, he encounters Helea, a mystery woman who knows more about him than he does, and Halliday, a mad businessman with a catastrophic weapon.
• Mole Man has fallen in love with Squirrel Girl, and he’s holding the world hostage until she goes on a date with him!
• MOLE MEN, am I right??
• Watch as Squirrel Girl gains the help of an unlikely ally! Thrill as two people kiss! BUT WHICH TWO??
• You’ll have to buy the issue to find out, so all I’ll say right now is this:
• IN THIS ISSUE THERE IS A NON-ZERO CHANCE FOR EVERY MARVEL SHIP TO BECOME CANON!!
• “Ship” is short for “relationship,” in case you thought I was talking about, like, Galactus’ “Star Sphere” or Mr. Fantastic’s “Fantasticship” or whatever.
Morty is sick and tired of Rick always being a big selfish jerk, so he convinces Rick to go harvest some “space medicine” on an alien planet. They even bring Summer, even though she won’t stop crying about having her heart broken or whatever. But while on the planet, they get interrupted by robobros and some heavy-cologne-wearing dude named Peacock Jones, so Morty might have to resort to some truly unspeakable tactics in order to get the medicine and get home safely.
Extra pulls: Cryptocracy #2, Detective Comics #937, East of West #28, Archie #10, Wonder Woman #3
Latest posts by Scott Piekema (see all)
- TOP 5 COMICS – 12/30/20: WASTED SPACE & KAIJU SCORE - December 30, 2020
- TOP 5 COMICS – 12/16/20 : SERA & THE ROYAL STARS & TAARNA - December 16, 2020
- TOP 5 COMICS – 12/09/20 : HOME SICK PILOTS & GIGA - December 9, 2020