Wednesday is here again, which means a new week for new comics (MARTIAN MANHUNTER, EUTHANAUTS, & MURDER FALCON). If you are like me, you may still have a stack of comics that haven’t been read from last week, but how can anyone fault us for reading. Here is a list of books I will be picking up at my local comic shop.
EUTHANAUTS #5 – $3.99
Black Crown Publishing – Tini Howard, Nick Robles, Eva da la Cruz, Neil Uyetake, Marley Zarcone
Thalia has learned that you don’t get to the afterlife without breaking a few eggs and planting a few seeds. In this issue-people die. Some of them stay quiet about it. When the ego is destroyed, what remains? Find out in the final issue of our first arc, Ground Control.
BLACKBIRD #4 – $3.99
Image Comics – Sam Humphries, Jen Bartel, Paul Reinwand, Triona Farrell, Jodi Wynne, Sana Takeda
Between pulling back the veil on the magic underground and learning shocking secrets from the past, Nina can’t even right now. Also, she’s terrible at flirting, and that’s getting in the way of making out with Clint.
MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #2 – $3.99
Marvel Comics – Saladin Ahmed, Javi Garron, David Curiel, Cory Petit, Marco D’Alfonso
• Miles is getting closer to solving the mystery of the thievery ring plaguing Brooklyn, but the Rhino has complicated matters quite a lot.
• Rhino doesn’t usually have minions preferring to charge alone. What’s behind this change of methodology?
• Plus, meet a new antagonist who may just become Miles’ most dangerous foe!
MURDER FALCON #4 – $3.99
Image Comics – Daniel Warren Johnson, Mike Spicer, Rus Wooton, Ryan Ottley
The reunion tour of Brooticus gets off to a rough start as Magnum Khaos unleashes his monstrous minions on Chicago. Only the mighty musical attack of Murder Falcon and the band can turn the tide… but where is Jake when his friends need him the most?
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #2 – $3.99
DC Comics – Steve Orlando, Riley Rossmo, Ivan Plascencia, Deron Bennett, Joshua Middleton
Return to Mars in the days before its doom to see the love affair of J’onn and M’yri’ah…and a Martian coming-of-age ritual you’ll NEVER forget! All of these painful memories J’onn carries with him to his new life on Earth…but first he’s gotta survive the pain of a car crash, being set on fire and accidentally revealing his true form to his detective partner! Did we mention she’s heavily armed?
Latest posts by Scott Piekema (see all)
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 01/15/20: MIDNIGHT VISTA & RED MOTHER - January 14, 2020
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 01/08/20: THE PLOT & STRANGE SKIES OVER EAST BERLIN - January 7, 2020
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 01/01/20: STAR WARS & OLYMPIA - December 31, 2019