Outcast is an upcoming Cinemax horror series based on the Image Comics series from creator Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) and artist Paul Azaceta. It stars Patrick Fugit, Philip Glenister, Gabriel Bateman and director Adam Wingard (The Guest) helms the pilot episode which is due for release in 2016. with showrunner Chris Black overseeing the series.
Kyle Barnes (Patrick Fugit) is a young man who has been plagued by demonic possession all his life. Now, with the help of the Reverend Anderson (Philip Glenister), a preacher with personal demons of his own, Kyle embarks on a journey to find answers and regain the normal life he lost. But what Kyle discovers could change his fate — and the fate of the world — forever.
Check out the official character descriptions and cast additions below:
- “The Office” star David Denman joins as Mark Holter, the husband of Kyle’s sister Megan.
- NCIS alum Melinda McGraw plays Patricia MacCready, a “single mother and devout member of Rome’s Light of God Baptist Church and a regular at Reverend Anderson’s church teas.”
- Lee Tergesen from “The Americans” takes on the part of “Blake Morrow, a former police officer on death row for murdering his partner’s wife.”
- Grace Zabriskie of “Big Love” will be Mildred, “one of the old guard of parishioners at Anderson’s church. Full of spit and vinegar, Mildred lives alone and says what’s on her mind.”
- Catherine Dent from “The Shield” takes the part of Janet Anderson, “the ex-wife of Reverend Anderson. Their marriage was shattered by Anderson’s obsession with battling the forces of darkness, but she still can’t help but feel affection and sympathy for the man she once loved, the father of the her child.”
- And “Star Trek: The Next Generation’s” Data, Brent Spiner, will play Sidney, who “appears in Rome soon after Kyle and Reverend Anderson successfully exorcise little Joshua Austin, his dapper appearance and smiling demeanor hide a malevolence.”
Source: TV Line