From Cinemax and director Steven Soderbergh comes the acclaimed surgical period drama The Knick. Starring Clive Owen, Andre Holland, Katrina E. Perkins, Juliet Rylance, Eric Johnson, Eve Hewson, Chris Sullivan, Michael Angarano, Cara Seymour and Jeremy Bobb. Season one is available on DVD/Blu-ray August 11th. The series begins it’s second season October 16th.
Contest Closes August 17th, 2015
All you have to do is one of the following two steps on either Facebook or Twitter:
1) Like Fox Force Five News on Facebook after clicking HERE
2) Comment below using your Facebook account and say which Clive Owen movie is your favorite.
1) Follow Fox Force Five News on Twitter by clicking HERE
2) Comment below using your Twitter account and say which Clive Owen movie is your favorite.
In this new scripted drama from director Steven Soderbergh (who directed all ten episodes), brilliant surgeon John Thackery (Oscar® nominee Clive Owen) pushes the boundaries of medicine, morality and race relations in 1900 at a downtown NYC hospital known as,The Knick. While Dr.Thackery searches to solve a plethora of medical mysteries and develops an unhealthy addiction to cocaine, which was legal at the time, the fate of The Knick, short for The Knickerbocker Hospital, hangs in the balance.
Thanks to the influence of rich patrons like Cornelia Robertson (Juliet Rylance) Thackery is paired against his will with a young black doctor, Algernon Edwards (André Holland), whose intelligence and at-all-costs methods rivals Thackery’s, and is hired over Thackery’s protégé, Dr. Everett Gallinger (Eric Johnson). Other supporters of Thackery at the hospital include Dr. “Bertie” Chickering Jr. (Michael Angarano), a young surgeon secretly in love with nurse Lucy Elkins (Eve Hewson), who is drawn to Thackery; Sister Harriet (Cara Seymour), who runs the foundling hospital and maternity ward; Herman Barrow (Jeremy Bobb), the Knick’s crooked superintendent, awash in debt and willing to risk The Knick’s future to pay it off; and Tom Cleary (Chris Sullivan), the ambulance driver, who will stoop to the lowest depths to bring the right kind of patients to The Knick.
- Format: Blu-ray
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 640 Minutes
- Region: A
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Studio: HBO Home Video
- Blu-Ray Release Date: August 11, 2015
- Cast: Katrina E. Perkins, Clive Owen, André Holland
- Genre: TV Series
- Color: Color
Latest posts by Keven Skinner (see all)
- The Forgotten Artist Trailer Explores Tragic Impact of COVID-19 on Live Events Industry - February 12, 2021
- Top 20 TV Shows of 2020 Feat. GANGS OF LONDON, DAVE & THE BOYS - January 8, 2021
- Keven’s Top 20 Movies of 2020 Feat. Palm Springs, Hamilton & Bill & Ted Face The Music - December 21, 2020