[Press Release] Hailed as “a masterpiece” (Chris Evangelista, Slash Film) and “a mind-blowing experience” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone), director Alex Garland’s (Ex Machina) ANNIHILATION debuts on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD May 29, 2018 from Paramount Home Media Distribution. The film arrives on Digital May 22.
Biologist and former soldier Lena (Academy Award® winner* Natalie Portman) is shocked when her missing husband (Oscar Isaac) comes home near death from a top-secret mission into The Shimmer, a mysterious quarantine zone no one has ever returned from. Now, Lena and her elite team must enter a beautiful, deadly world of mutated landscapes and creatures, to discover how to stop the growing phenomenon that threatens all life on Earth. The film also stars Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, and Tuva Novotny.
The ANNIHILATION Blu-ray Combo Pack includes over an hour of bonus content. Natalie Portman, director Alex Garland and other cast and crew take viewers behind the scenes for a deeper look inside the film’s stunts, intricate set design and breathtaking visual effects. The Blu-ray also boasts a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead‡.
ANNIHILATION Blu-ray Combo Pack
The ANNIHILATION Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English Dolby Atmos, French 5.1 Dolby Audio™, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio, and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, and Spanish subtitles. The DVD in the Combo Pack is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with English 5.1 Dolby Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio and English Audio Description and English, French, and Spanish subtitles. The Combo Pack includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as the following:
- Feature film in high definition
- Bonus Content:
- Part 1 – SOUTHERN REACH
- Refractions – See how director Alex Garland created the tone, textures and color palettes for the various film environments on set.
- For Those That Follow – Listen to the cast’s perspective on their roles and learn why they found the story so intriguing.
- Part 2 – AREA X
- Shimmer – See how filmmakers transformed real set locations to create the world of Annihilation.
- Vanished into Havoc – Check out all the action as cast and crew walk you through the mind-blowing stunts and special effects.
- Part 3 – TO THE LIGHTHOUSE
- Unfathomable Mind – Learn why the visual effects are integral to achieving director Alex Garland’s overall vision for Annihilation.
- The Last Phase – Listen to the cast and crew share their fondest memories from filming Annihilation.
- Part 1 – SOUTHERN REACH
- Feature film in standard definition
The DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with English 5.1 Dolby Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio and English Audio Description and English, French, and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the feature film in standard definition.
PARAMOUNT PICTURES and SKYDANCE Present
A SCOTT RUDIN / DNA FILMS Production
NATALIE PORTMAN “ANNIHILATION” JENNIFER JASON LEIGH
GINA RODRIGUEZ TESSA THOMPSON TUVA NOVOTNY and OSCAR ISAAC
Costume Designer SAMMY SHELDON DIFFER Music by BEN SALISBURY and GEOFF BARROW
Visual Effects Supervisor ANDREW WHITEHURST Edited by BARNEY PILLING
Production Designer MARK DIGBY Director of Photography ROB HARDY BSC
Executive Producers DAVID ELLISON DANA GOLDBERG DON GRANGER JO BURN
Produced by SCOTT RUDIN, p.g.a. ANDREW MACDONALD, p.g.a. ALLON REICH, p.g.a. ELI BUSH, p.g.a.
Based on the Novel by JEFF VANDERMEER
Written for the Screen and Directed by ALEX GARLAND
SOUNDTRACK ALBUM AVAILABLE ON LAKESHORE RECORDS/INVADA RECORDS
© 2018 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.
About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), home to premier media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, consumer products, and digital content for audiences in 180 countries and territories. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
Street Date: May 29, 2018 (Blu-ray, DVD)
May 22, 2018 (Digital)
U.S. Rating: R for violence, bloody images, language and some sexuality
Canadian Rating: 18A, brutal violence, frightening scenes
‡ Dolby Atmos enabled devices are also required to experience Dolby Atmos at home.
“ACADEMY AWARD®” and “OSCAR®” are registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Latest posts by Keven Skinner (see all)
- Fatman is Like a Long Lost Coen Bros Holiday Special – an Inevitable Cult Classic (Review) - November 23, 2020
- Necromantic is a Twisted Supernatural Thriller Destined for a Film Adaptation (Review) - November 13, 2020
- The Trial of The Chicago 7 is Sorkin’s Masterpiece: The Most Important Drama of 2020 (Review) - October 21, 2020