Director Michael Bay is in negotiations to return as director for the fifth Transformers film with Mark Wahlberg set to reprise his role from the fourth movie but the screenwriters have been set after the writer’s room project has concluded fleshing out storylines for not one but two films.
Transformers 5 will be written by Academy Award winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind) and Ant-Man scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari will pen an animated origin story set on the Transformers’ homeworld of Cybertron.
The infamous Transformers Writing Room which was assembled this year to come up with sequel ideas for the franchise consisted of the following talent:
- Robert Kirkman ( creator of The Walking Dead)
- Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (writers on Iron Man),
- Jeff Pinkner (Fringe & Lost writer)
- Zak Penn (The Incredible Hulk writer)
- Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down writer)
- Geneva Robertson-Dworet & Christina Hodson (The Black List writers)
- Steven DeKnight (Daredevil & Spartacus showrunner)
- Lindsey Beer, (a science major at Stanford & sci fi spec writer)
Latest posts by Keven Skinner (see all)
- Atomic Victory Squad’s Lowell Dean Teases Upcoming Issues & How He Would Be a Good Fit For Alpha Flight (Interview) - May 16, 2019
- Watchmen Trailer Teases Modern-Day Sequel to The Legendary Comic Series? - May 8, 2019
- Black Summer is Next Level Horror; Like Watching Cuaron Directing a Zombie Epic (Review) - May 2, 2019