Director Michael Bay is in negotiations to return as director for the fifth Transformers film with Mark Wahlberg set to reprise his role from the fourth movie but the screenwriters have been set after the writer’s room project has concluded fleshing out storylines for not one but two films.
Transformers 5 will be written by Academy Award winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind) and Ant-Man scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari will pen an animated origin story set on the Transformers’ homeworld of Cybertron.
The infamous Transformers Writing Room which was assembled this year to come up with sequel ideas for the franchise consisted of the following talent:
- Robert Kirkman ( creator of The Walking Dead)
- Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (writers on Iron Man),
- Jeff Pinkner (Fringe & Lost writer)
- Zak Penn (The Incredible Hulk writer)
- Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down writer)
- Geneva Robertson-Dworet & Christina Hodson (The Black List writers)
- Steven DeKnight (Daredevil & Spartacus showrunner)
- Lindsey Beer, (a science major at Stanford & sci fi spec writer)
Latest posts by Keven Skinner (see all)
- Supergrid is a Nasty & Exciting Flurry of Chaos on Canada’s Fury Road (Review) - September 24, 2018
- Supergrid World Premiere Strikes Calgary International Film Festival! - September 24, 2018
- Knuckleball is The Canadian Cape Fear (Review) - September 21, 2018