Wednesday is almost here, and new comics are within reach. If you are like me, you may still have a stack of comics that haven’t been read from last week (or last month). Regardless, here is a list of new books I will be picking up at my local comic shop.
Like many readers I try to budget my purchases, which can become difficult with the vast amount of quality books being published currently. I have chosen to highlight five promising titles to consider picking up this week.
Albatross Comics – Eric Powell
A demonic instrument corrupts the mountain folk as it travels from hand to hand down the generations.
Valiant Entertainment – Peter Milligan, Juan Jose Ryp, Jordie Bellaire, Cary Nord
Final Fates! Antonius Axia’s nightmarish journey through the heart of the remote Roman colony of Britannia has brought him to death’s door. But when the world’s first detective confronts his deepest fears about gods, men and civilization, will he be able to complete the mission given to him by Emperor Nero, or will his mind collapse under the unfathomable weight of the void that now
stands revealed before him?
IDW Publishing/DC Comics – Matthew K. Manning, Jon Sommariva
The Joker and Harley Quinn escape Arkham Asylum and make their way to the TMNT’s NYC where they meet none other than the Shredder! Meanwhile, will Batman, Robin, and Batgirl be able to form a truce with the Turtles?
DC Comics – James Tynion IV, Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira, Jason Fabok
“THE VICTIM SYNDICATE” part four! The Victim Syndicate is taking their message to the streets in an attempt to turn the citizens of Gotham City against Batman and his allies! They can fight villains, but what happens when the whole city turns against them?
Marvel Comics – Ryan North, Erica Henderson, Rico Renzi
• When the TASKMASTER comes to town – and brings with him his ability to DUPLICATE ANYONE’S SWEET MOVES – who stands between him and total domination?
• See, I can tell you’re glancing at the title of this comic and whispering “Well, it’s PROBABLY Squirrel Girl,” but guess what? This time it’s actually Nancy’s cat Mew, who has NO POWERS WHATSOEVER!
• THRILL as Mew loafs around the house! GASP as Mew chases a mouse and then has a nap! BOGGLE as you wonder how we possibly managed to pitch “an issue entirely from the cat’s point of view” to Marvel, a multinational corporation with a LOT invested in our comic continuing to star a squirrel and/or girl!
• They knew the risks when they let Hawkeye have that Pizza Dog issue though, so this was clearly inevitable.
• MEW ISSUE, BRING YOUR TISSUES!
Latest posts by Scott Piekema (see all)
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 09/19/18: BATMAN: DAMNED, BLACK BADGE, & SOLDIER SUPREME - September 18, 2018
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 09/12/18: WASTED SPACE, HOT LUNCH SPECIAL & NANCY DREW - September 11, 2018
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 09/05/18: RELAY, COME INTO ME & THE DEAD HAND - September 5, 2018