Wednesday is here again, which means a new week for new comics (MEZO & CANTO). If you are like me, you may still have a stack of comics that haven’t been read from last week, but how can anyone fault us for reading. Here is a list of books I will be picking up at my local comic shop.
MEZO #1 – $3.99
A Wave Blue World Inc. – Tyler Chin-Tanner, Josh Zingerman, Val Rodrigues, Doug Garbark, Thomas Mauer, Claudia Iannicello
The rise of the Tzalekuhl Empire disrupts the peace across the land of Mezo. When the conquest begins, a young girl named Kyma witnesses the death of her father, a tribal leader who refused to yield. As the solar eclipse nears, Kyma must unite the various tribes against an emperor determined to make them all kneel before his god or be sacrificed in his name. Mezo, a new fantasy epic set in a Mesoamerican-inspired world begins here!
CATALYST PRIME SEVEN DAYS #1 – $3.99
Lion Forge – Gail Simone, Joses Luis, Jonas Trindade, Saida Temofonte, Stjepan Sejic
DAY ONE: Lorena Payan was the first to realize a meteor was hurtling towards Earth two years ago. Now, she’s the first to realize the Earth is in danger once more from something equally cosmic but far more sinister. As dubbed by a mystery figure, the Obsidian Men begin appearing silently all over the globe, and our heroes Noble, Summit, and Accell join together to investigate.
VAMPIRE STATE BUILDING #1 – $3.99
ABLAZE – Ange, Patrick Renault, Charlie Adlard, Sebastien Gerard, In-Hyuk Lee
The newest horror series from the artist of The Walking Dead, Charlie Adlard! Just in time for Halloween, get ready to be bitten from the first full color page. Terry Fisher is a young soldier on the verge of being sent away for active military duty, and is going to meet his friends at the top of the Empire State Building for a farewell party. But suddenly a legion of vampires attacks the skyscraper and massacres its occupants. Hounded in the 102 floors that have become a deadly trap, Terry must take decisive action to save himself and his friends – and the city of New York – before the army of abominations, and the terrible vampire god within, walled in the building since its construction, spill into the city!
STRANGE SKIES OVER EAST BERLIN #1 – $3.99
BOOM! Studios – Jeff Loveness, Lisandro Estherren, Patricio Delpeche, Evan Cagle
MANKIND MADE IT TO SPACE. AND NOW SPACE HAS FOLLOWED THEM BACK.
* Herring is a disillusioned American spy stationed on the eastern side of the Berlin Wall, struggling with his role in a Cold War that seems to have no end. But when he’s sent on a mission behind enemy lines to infiltrate East German intelligence, he soon learns the Soviets have a secret weapon that could change the tides of the conflict: an alien monster that they don’t understand, and can’t control.
* The Soviets are about to learn that they ‘re not in charge of the monster it’s already in their minds and has twisted them to their will. Now now Herring must find a way to understand the impossible before it transforms him into a monster unlike any other.
CANTO #5 – $3.99
IDW Publishing – David M. Booher, Drew Zucker, Vittorio Astone
Death from above! The Emerald Tower and the Shrouded Man are within reach, but three vicious Furies block Canto’s way. Canto battles them bravely with his ax, but can he fight them… in his mind?
EXTRA PULLS: Die #8, Berserker #3, No One Left to Fight #4, Mountainhead #2, She Said Destroy #5
Latest posts by Scott Piekema (see all)
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 10/09/19: THESE SAVAGE SHORES & DEAD LEGENDS - October 8, 2019
- 5 COMICS TO ORDER – FINAL ORDER CUTOFF (FOC) 10/07/19: BASKETFUL OF HEADS & KILLADELPHIA - October 4, 2019
- TOP 5 COMICS TO BUY – 10/02/19: MEZO & CANTO - October 1, 2019