In addition to the new documentary, the STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN Director’s Edition Blu-ray is bursting with more than two hours of previously released special features including multiple commentaries, original interviews with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Ricardo Montalban and DeForest Kelley, explorations of the visual effects and musical score, a tribute to Ricardo Montalban, storyboards and much more.
Captain Kirk’s Starfleet career enters a new chapter as a result of his most vengeful nemesis: Khan Noonien Singh, the genetically enhanced conqueror from late 20th century Earth. Escaping his forgotten prison, Khan sets his sights on both capturing Project Genesis, a device of god-like power, and the utter destruction of Kirk.
STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN Director’s Edition Blu-ray
The Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish Mono Dolby Digital and Portuguese Mono Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc includes the following:
- Director’s Edition in high definition
- Theatrical Version in high definition
- Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer (Director’s Edition & Theatrical Version)
- Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer and Manny Coto (Theatrical Version)
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda (Director’s Edition)
- Library Computer (Theatrical Version)
- The Genesis Effect: Engineering The Wrath of Khan—NEW!
o Captain’s Log
o Designing Khan
o Original interviews with DeForest Kelley, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Ricardo Montalban
o Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Visual Effects of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
o James Horner: Composing Genesis
- The Star Trek Universe
o Collecting Star Trek’s Movie Relics
o A Novel Approach
o Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind Ceti Alpha VI
o A Tribute to Ricardo Montalban
- Theatrical Trailer
About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), home to premier media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, consumer products, and digital content for audiences in 180 countries and territories. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN Director’s Edition
Street Date: June 7, 2016
U.S. Rating: Theatrical version: PG
Director’s Edition: PG for violence and language
Latest posts by Keven Skinner (see all)
- Release The Snyder Cut Campaign Finally Gains Cred after Justice League Cast Gets Involved - November 18, 2019
- Pass Me By: Gone Fishin’ is a Stunning First Chapter in What Promises to Be an Epic Queer Love Story (Review) - November 14, 2019
- THE KITCHEN: Andrea Berloff’s Directorial Debut is Destined to Become a Cult Classic (Blu-ray Review) - November 5, 2019