[Press Release] “The laughs keep coming” (Neil Pond, Parade) in the hysterical “feel-good comedy” (Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch) DADDY’S HOME, arriving on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand March 22, 2016 from Paramount Home Media Distribution. The film debuts two weeks early on Digital HD March 8.
Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg “are comedy magic” (Tara McNamara, Fandango) in this uproarious, feel-good movie that offers “plenty of family-sized laughs” (Alex Zane, The Sun). Brad (Ferrell), who always dreamed of having the perfect family, is determined to become the best step-dad to his new wife’s (Linda Cardellini) children. But when their biological father Dusty (Wahlberg) shows up unexpectedly, Brad’s idyllic family life is turned upside down and he must go toe-to-toe with Dusty in this hilarious family comedy that “will have you in stitches” (Jaclyn Roth, Life & Style).
The DADDY’S HOME Blu-ray Combo Pack with Digital HD features over 45 minutes of bonus content. Go behind-the-scenes with laugh-out-loud cast interviews, deleted & extended scenes, and a look at the outrageous NBA halftime stunt you have to see to believe! Plus, for a limited time only, the Blu-ray Combo Pack includes $15 off sports tickets through Ticketmaster.
DADDY’S HOME Blu-ray Combo Pack
The DADDY’S HOME Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS: X, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 5.1 DTS Headphone: X and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The DVD in the combo pack is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The combo pack includes access to a Digital HD copy of the film as well as the following:
- Feature film in high definition
- Bonus Content:
o The Making of Daddy’s Home
- Get an inside look at how the film was made, featuring hilarious cast interviews including Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg.
- Sit down with Will and Mark as they discuss how their characters compete to be the “Best Dad” and how they eventually learn to share a common ground.
o Daddy Daughter Dance
- Join in on the fun as Will and Mark bust out their best dance moves in this behind-the-scenes look at the Daddy Daughter Dance.
o Halftime Stunt
- Check out the outrageous NBA halftime stunt as director Sean Anders and Will Ferrell break down the hilarious scene when a cheerleader takes a ball to the face.
o Tony Hawk: Skater Double
- Experience the ultimate reveal as world-famous skateboarder Tony Hawk gets back on the halfpipe while doubling for Will Farrell’s character during the epic skateboard stand-off between dads.
o Child’s Play
- A cute and heartfelt piece showcasing the incredible talent of the child actors who play “Dylan” and “Megan” in Daddy’s Home.
o Hannibal Buress: The Perfect Houseguest
- Go behind-the-scenes in this unfiltered featurette about rising comedic star Hannibal Buress and how he became involved in the film.
o Blooper – Jeet Kune Do
- See the hysterical bloopers of Mark and Will as they attempt to tell the perfect bedtime story.
o Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Feature film in standard definition
The Blu-ray Combo Pack available for purchase includes a Digital HD version of the film that can be accessed through UltraViolet™, a way to collect, access and enjoy movies. With UltraViolet, consumers can add movies to their digital collection in the cloud, and then stream or download them—reliably and securely—to a variety of devices.
DADDY’S HOME Single-Disc DVD
The single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc includes the feature film in standard definition.
Paramount Pictures and Red Granite Pictures present a Gary Sanchez production: “Daddy’s Home.” Starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. Executive producers Riza Aziz, Joey McFarland, David Koplan, Kevin Messick, Jessica Elbaum, Sean Anders and Diana Pokorny. Produced by Will Ferrell, p.g.a., Adam McKay, p.g.a., Chris Henchy, p.g.a. and John Morris. Story by Brian Burns. Screenplay by Brian Burns and Sean Anders & John Morris. Directed by Sean Anders.
About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), home to premier media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, consumer products, and digital content for audiences in 180 countries and territories. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
Street Date: March 22, 2016 (Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand)
March 8, 2016 (Digital HD)
SRP: $39.99 U.S. (Blu-ray Combo Pack)
$29.99 U.S. (DVD)
U.S. Rating: PG-13 for thematic elements, crude and suggestive content and for language
Canadian Rating: PG for coarse language; not recommended for young children
Latest posts by Keven Skinner (see all)
- Dora and The Lost City of Gold: Let’s Thank Director James Bobin for Making This Work (Blu-ray Review) - November 19, 2019
- Release The Snyder Cut Campaign Finally Gains Cred after Justice League Cast Gets Involved - November 18, 2019
- Pass Me By: Gone Fishin’ is a Stunning First Chapter in What Promises to Be an Epic Queer Love Story (Review) - November 14, 2019